Information about clubs should come home in your Friday folder. If you don’t receive the information, please contact the office or your child’s teacher.
– Ukulele Club with Melanie Doane starts October 5th. Students pay $60 for a ukulele which the children get to keep. The 30 one-hour sessions that cost $270 per child is absorbed by a grant we applied for. There are 15 students in the Beginners group and 15 students in the Advanced group.The programme is open to ALL grades 4-6. The lessons are every Wednesday morning during the instructional day.
– Strings is starting next week. It will take place on Day 1 & 3 from 10:10-10:55. The target group is our grades 4-6. The instructor has visited each of the classes and given out registration forms. If you did not receive one, please contact the main office.
– Chess begins in Ms. Davey’s (grade 4/5) and Ms. Paton’s (grade 3) classes on October 3rd. Our students will get 1 hour of instruction for 10 weeks.
– Karate Kids for grades 1-3 will begin on October 17th for 10 weeks. Watch for registration forms that will be sent home soon.
– Eastview Homework Club is up and running. We have 27 students registered with four on a waitlist. The students have free play in the gym for an hour and then complete homework in room 106.
For more examples of clubs, please check Blake’s website on the Clubs page.