Blake parent council wants to tap into your business and neighbouhood connections!
Set for June 10, this year’s Blake Fun Fair will host a silent auction event, council’s largest fundraiser of the year. The money council raises goes directly into our school community, to support family fun nights, student learning opportunities and additional classroom resources.
How you can help:
1. Do you know a real estate agent?We are looking for local realtors to provide cash or gifts-in-kind to our fun fair. Perhaps you know:
– Lance and Brenda
– Brent and Audrey
– Teuta Geuci
2. Do you have a connection to businesses that provide the following services? Would you be willing to approach them or make an introduction by email to your contact?
– Track day experiences (Ultimate Exotics https://ultimateexotics.ca/exotic-track-days/)
– Flying lessons/experiences
– Family getaways (Great Wolf Lodge, Deerhurst Resort, Canada’s Wonderland)
3. Would you approach a local business to ask for a contribution?Think of your “Haunts”: stores or services you visit on a regular basis. Even a mechanic or a pet store can make a contribution!
Asking for donations can feel awkward, even if you do it for a living. To help you, we’ve created a donation request letter and a donation form to capture the right details. Here is an email you can copy and paste and send around, too. Please feel free to customize it….this is just to get you started.
“Hi (person or business’ name)
I’m a member of the Blake Street Public School community. I’m writing to you today to introduce you to this incredible school in Toronto’s east end, and to ask if you would consider supporting our annual Fun Fair with a gift of cash, services or items for our silent auction.
Blake serves a diverse group of families, and your support will help to level the playing field for these children by providing learning opportunities, nutrition programs, extracurricular activities and other resources that Blake students may not otherwise be able to access.
I’m attaching a letter from our committee that will give you more details. May I follow up with you at (X TIME, YOU DECIDE) about a contribution?
Thank you for your support!
(YOUR NAME, YOUR CONTACT DETAILS)”